Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Unjudging Heart (a new poem)

I am continually amazed
at the way you hold me,
so easily, unfazed,
when it seems that my head
has just exploded from dischord,
that my body has finally crumpled
into a soggy, crying mess.

Still you stand there, unjudging,
gentling picking up each tattered piece
and cradling it, gently, lovingly,
as though it is the sweetest piece of work
that you have ever seen.

You kiss each piece,
and with warmth breath gently dry it,
then glue the pieces back together,
with a lover's heart, a craftsman's hands:

"There, all better, darling.
See, no more mess.
I love you equally, no matter what,
but now, even easier, you can rest."

2 comments:

  1. Very good, Jen. It is a blessing to have someone who fully accepts us, especially when all we see looking at ourself is a big mess. Be thankful for those who can help you return to a more positive view of yourself, and work at helping others in the same way. God says that we comfort others with the comfort we ourselves have received...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mom. I absolute agree with what you say, and do strive to assist others in the same way. I'm glad you could relate. Love you, always.

    ReplyDelete